To Our Valued Patients,
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. We understand that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care with the shutdown of dentistry.
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario have now allowed resumption of all normal dental procedures .
As regulated health care professionals, our Dental Team will continue to abide strictly to the specific guidelines. We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will continue to use full PPE (personal protective equipment) and practice social distancing along with all other recommended safety guidelines.
For your peace of mind and preparation the following process is to provide a safe dental treatment experience including, but are not limited to, the following:
Day Before Your Appointment
You will need to review, answer, and sign the Covid-19 Patient Pandemic Consent Form and bring it with you to your appointment. We are also taking the time to update all patient and medical history information. You can email these forms back to us.
Medical History Form
Patient Consent Form COVID-19
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
● Please wait outside the office and CALL to let us know you have arrived.
● Your screening will be reviewed BEFORE entering the office.
● We will be taking your temperature.
● Patient will sanitize hands before the appointment.
● ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office. **Underage patients can have a guardian attend but, they must be screened & sign a covid patient consent form as well.
● Hand sanitizer is available on the countertop at the front desk and throughout the clinic for your use.
● Plexiglas screens are added to the front reception desk
● We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
● The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned, and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
● There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
● Note - Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
● All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
● The dental team has all needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
● During patient care appropriate masks, face shields and gloves will be worn by everyone.
● All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
● Patients will wash/sanitize hands after the appointment prior to going to the front desk.
● You can sign any insurance forms, cashless or no contact payment is strongly encouraged.
● After every transaction, the checkout desk will be wiped with a disinfectant.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We look forward to seeing you.
At Westfort Family Dental, our mission is to deliver exceptional comprehensive dental care to all of our patients. We believe in improving, educating and maintaining oral health for everyone in a professional and compassionate environment.
We are a family style practice, where everyone finds himself or herself comfortable, where everyone at our general dentistry practice is enthusiastic and caring to our patients and one another. Our goal is to build long-lasting relationships where our patients feel right at home.
We offer several general dentistry services, including:
If you're not satisfied with the aesthetics of your smile, our general dentist is also experienced in cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening and veneers. We know you'll be thrilled with your brand new bright, beautiful smile!
Our dental clinic in Thunder Bay is also very in tune with your comfort needs. Each exam room features a new flat screen television for your entertainment. Your dentist can also bring up X-rays and charts on the TV for easier viewing and educating.
The Care You Seek, 6 Days a Week!
To better accommodate your busy schedule, our office is open 6 days a week – Monday through Friday and on Saturdays. We also offer emergency service during this time in the event of a dental emergency. If an accident occurs, please call us right away and follow any instructions given to you prior to coming to our office.
Dental Care for Patients of All Ages
Good oral health and hygiene is essential for everyone. It improves your appearance and impacts your overall health as well. Westfort Family Dental provides dental care for patients of all ages. We're experienced in children's dentistry, and in conjunction with your help at home, will teach your child how to brush properly and how important it is to take care of their teeth. Your child's first dental checkup will include:
You can trust Westfort Family Dental Clinic in Thunder Bay to take care of your whole family! Schedule an appointment today.
Have a Dental Emergency?
Don't hesitate to contact us after an injury to your teeth, tongue or gums.
Ready to Improve Your Smile?
Visit our office for teeth whitening, veneers or a complete smile makeover!
Nervous About the Dentist?
We offer oral sedation and nitrous oxide sedation to help calm your nerves.