COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. We understand that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care with the shutdown of dentistry.
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario has now allowed resumption of all normal dental procedures.
As regulated health care professionals, our Dental Team will continue to abide strictly by the specific guidelines. We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will continue to use full PPE (personal protective equipment) and to practice social distancing along with all other recommended safety guidelines.
For your peace of mind and preparation the following process is to provide a safe dental treatment experience including, but are not limited to, the following:
You will need to review, answer, and sign the COVID-19 Patient Pandemic Consent Form and bring it with you to your appointment. We are also taking the time to update all patient and medical history information. You can email these forms back to us.
- Please wait outside the office and CALL to let us know you have arrived.
- Your screening will be reviewed BEFORE entering the office.
- We will be taking your temperature.
- Patient will sanitize hands before the appointment.
- ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office. **Underage patients can have a guardian attend but, they must be screened & sign a COVID patient consent form as well.
- Hand sanitizer is available on the countertop at the front desk and throughout the clinic for your use.
- Plexiglas screens are added to the front reception desk
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- Note - Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
- The dental team has all the needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields, and gloves will be worn by everyone.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant, and that includes the patient chair too.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Patients will wash/sanitize hands after the appointment prior to going to the front desk.
- You can sign any insurance forms. Cashless or no contact payment is strongly encouraged.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk will be wiped with a disinfectant.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We look forward to seeing you.